Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling company currently employing over 10,000 employees, with industrial operations on all continents.
Operations Technician I
Within the framework of Umicore Precious Metals Chemistry’s (PMC) operational policies and procedures, the holder produces chemical catalyst products in order to meet customer specifications and timelines. The holder must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the chemical processes in such a way that he or she will be able to perform tasks unsupervised. This is the entry position for PMC Operations Technician.
- Produce organic chemical product as directed by the daily schedule and production supervisor to meet production goals
- Execute batch processes with all supporting working documents (batch records, checklists, worksheets, etc.) in a manner that adheres to customer and Umicore specifications
- Perform simple maintenance on machinery and equipment to include functional testing and commissioning with the appropriate knowledge and skills
- Operate the partial PLC controlled production and other ancillary units for manufacturing or packaging of a variety of intermediate and end products including operation of furnaces, working up the mother liquors, recovery of precious metals
- Complete production documentation as directed by procedures and the production supervision
- Package for shipment product by DOT and HAZMAT requirements
- Maintain the facility’s cleanliness in accordance with established visual and lean methods
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow given instructions and procedures
- Desire and demonstrated ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Understanding and operating of automated systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Desires to maintain a safe, clean working environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Willingly accepts and performs special assignments
- Required to obtain a forklift license
- Must pass the Chemical Technician Test
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required Education: High School Diploma
- Preferred Education: Completed chemical/technical vocation training
- Preferred Experience: 2 years of Chemical Operator experience or equivalent
- Additional experience a plus: Basic working knowledge of DOT shipping practices, Lean Manufacturing, and Visual Workplace methods.
- Working knowledge with PC, Office, ERP systems
For a detailed job description or to formally apply for this job posting, please go to: https://umi.trackingtalent.com/opportunities/pmc-operator-i–catoosa–ok-
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Persons with Disabilities, and Veterans